Monday, September 22, 2008

Art Range



Today in class I played with Art Range. This is a free program that is similar to paint. You can paint with different brush and different colors. You can also trace pictures and the program will automatically match the color of the drawing. You can also use stencil to draw simple pictures.
I found it neat that if you draw and red blob and paint blue on top of it, it will turn purple! This can be very useful in the classroom if you are teaching about colors. You can also use it as an enrichment tool and have students trace a picture of something they are learning about and then you can have them write about their picture. I also found Google Earth very interesting. It would come in handy as a introduction to a unit of study in Social Studies. You can use it to show geography and the different types of land and bodies of water. Back in my day, all we had was a globe to look at and that was a very boring an inaccurate picture of the world!! Now, my future students will have the opportunity to see a birds eye view of any spot they can possibly think of! I plan to use these two programs as much as possible and I am sure my students will love them.

No comments: